The Cabildo of Lanzarote leads from 1989 trying to revive and promote the cultural appeal of reef. The main intended result this project is to convert the plaza de El almacén (Reef) in urban culture and social gathering point. And this contest is to give an important step toward this since the proposal will be built.
• Sustainability and energy efficiency. The plaza with an area of over of 1000 M2 can be a source of solar use either for activities that they will develop as potential source of power of the warehouse building.
• Protection of the environment. The intervention must be respectful with environment considering sustainable use.
• Treatment of facades of surrounding buildings. The party wall of the adjacent building will be used as a white screen Video mapping to a changing aspect to the square.
• Shadow: There will be elements that allow hang different elements that give shade on the square. In addition to the need to include vegetation.
• Accessibility: It should be accessible to all persons with reduced mobility.
• Tours. Access of vehicles for loading and unloading shall be at specific moments. The rest of the time will be a square (and environment) pedestrian.
• Versatility: mix and the different uses should be encouraged.
The Cabildo of Lanzarote boasts a P.E.M (Material execution budget) for the execution of350.000 EUR.
First prize 6.000 € + construction
Second prize 4.000 €
Third prize 2.000 €
All the information is in: www.rethinkingcompetitions.com